Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mama gets a Time Out!

Last weekend I was able to go to Houston with my friend Leslie so that we could attend Time Out for Women. We left Friday afternoon and came back Saturday night. It was a wonderful opportunity to spend time with her and to have uplifting, Christ-minded presentations from some amazing speakers. I am so grateful I was able to go, and I can't wait to attend next year!

Leslie and I at the end of the conference. (I am not looking my best, Kambry only let me get a couple hours sleep Friday night!)

Of course, whenever I can get to Houston, I always have to squeeze in as many people as I can. I wish I there had been more time, but I crammed in as much as I could in such a short visit. Friday night, we saw my brother and his wife for a quick bite before the conference began. On Saturday we saw Planchard for lunch at Cheesecake Factory (yum!). We stayed with Grandma Pat Friday night and were able to catch up with her a little before heading back home.

Kambry with 'Aunt' Jennifer

The funniest thing was while I was packing on Friday morning, Kacey asked me where I was going. I told her I was going to Houston for Time Out For Women. She got wide-eyed and said, "Mama, wha'd you do to get a time out?"

2 comments:

  1. so glad you got to have some time to yourself Keri! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Time Out for Women too :) That is so funny what Kacey said! ha ha

    ReplyDelete