Monday, January 19, 2009

Mama, you make me sick.

Just before Christmas we all had a cold (even Kambry, poor thing). We went out to eat and (of course) the second we get our food, Kacey has to go potty. I take her to the restroom and as she is sitting there she coughs a couple of times. The following is her interpretation of why she is sick, and whose fault it is:

Kacey: I have a cough.
Me: Yes, I'm sorry Sweetie.
Kacey: Why am I sick Mama?
Me: Well, we have a cold.
Kacey: I'm not cold.
Me: No, not cold from outside, we have germs that make us feel sick.
Kacey: Yes. And tired.
Me: (trying not to laugh that she is "sick and tired") Are you finished yet? (Going potty...I was ready to get back to the table).
Kacey: Almost. Mama why am I about to be 4?
Me: Because you are getting so big!
Kacey: Yes, I am old now. (pause) And sick.
Me: I know honey.
Kacey: It's because I have been living with you for so long. That is why I am sick.

So when she said this, she was not quite 4 and I was already getting blamed for everything. I can't wait until she is 14!

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a converstaion I would have with Kaily. They come up the funniest things don't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! You're updating - good job! BTW - LOVE your profile pic. LOVE crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute. I just love 4 year olds. They tell it like it is (according to them). Lindsey is
    4. Enjoy every moment. I will never be able to enjoy the sayings of a 4 year old again(she will be 5 in March)...until I'm a grandma! So I say ENJOY every minute. It will be over before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is classic... love it! Kids are hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete