Monday, April 13, 2009

Kacey's Easter Dress


Kacey's Easter dress this year has a little bit of a story attached to it. I LOVE this dress! A very special family friend made this dress 6 or 7 years ago when she was opening a business that specialized in handmade heirloom children's clothing. She is super talented and makes the most amazing gowns and dresses. This is one of the first dresses she made (for the business) and when she showed it to me, I fell in love with it. I just knew whoever wore this dress would be so special, and so lucky to have something made with such care. I was silently hoping the dress would not sell so that if I ever had a little girl, I could buy it. When Kacey was born, we were given the dress as a gift because she knew how much I adored it. It has sat in Kacey's closet for 4 years. It was worth the wait! Thank you Vivian!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful little dress and even more so BEAUTIFUL little girl! We sure do miss you guys! Great Easter pictures. Hopefully we will be able to see y'all in November before Ben has to deploy again!
    Love, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww - that's such a cute dress, and story! She looked adorable on Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete