Thursday, March 12, 2009

World Famous Round Rock Donuts

If ever there was a guilty pleasure, this has to be one of my favorites! Ken and I LOVE Round Rock Donuts. Their warm, sweet, yellow, fried to perfection goodness cannot be topped. As it turns out, it seems as though we have passed this vice to our kids. Here's the story...

I was on my way to the paint store to buy more paint for Kade's room and went the long way through Downtown Round Rock to get there.

Kacey pipes up from the backseat, "Mom! We are in The City!"
Me, "Yes, I guess you could call it that, we are in old Round Rock." (It is not much of a "city" by most peoples standards, just an old Main Street with about 5 old stone buildings).
Kacey, "This is where we get donuts!"
Me, (impressed that she has such a good memory as we haven't gotten donuts in a while) "Yes, you are right."
Kacey, "Can we go get donuts, Mama?"
Me, (it's 4:45 pm and almost dinner, but whatever) "sure, let's go see if they are open."

I turned onto the street and could see that they were NOT open. Kacey had an immediate meltdown. She cried off and on for almost an hour. Apparently she NEEDED a donut, and not any would do. Call her a donut snob, but the girl had to have Round Rock Donuts!

First thing the next morning we got dressed and headed out (in the rain and 40 temperature drop) and made her dream a reality! Here she is, happy and enjoying her yummy donut goodness!

4 comments:

  1. Awww - you're a good Mom. I'm embarrassed to say Round Rock Donuts are our FAVORITE too! The fresh, warm donut holes are to die for. I could go through a few dozen EASY. But I don't. I have self-control. Really. I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel her pain! I can so relate...both with my need for an occassional donut and for my child's melt down when there aren't any. I'm embarrassed to say that I have NEVER had a Round Rock donut and probably never will. We are leaving for Utah tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a good mommy! made me want donuts. maybe that will be a good activity for me and the kids tomorrow! thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay... now I want to try one of those donuts and I am not even a big fan of donuts :)

    ReplyDelete